The Partnership Coordinator (PC) is responsible for the implementation, integration, alignment, and coordination of the community school strategy under the literacy for life program and other related programs at YR. The PC, while employed by YR, is also accountable to the schools and is therefore expected to plan and align all programs, services, and opportunities collaboratively. The position will report directly to the Regional Team Leader who is responsible for the overall operations and management responsibility in the center.
The Partnership Coordinator will be mainly responsible for engaging the Partners schools and identifying and leveraging the skills, expertise, and assets of existing local, sub-regional and regional institutions/ schools and stakeholders. The Partnership Coordinator will help create an environment of trust and collaboration so that these schools and stakeholders see the Literacy For Life and other school-based programs as their own. The Coordinator will work closely with responsible YR staff to establish the partnership modalities depending on the partnership goals and ensure its implementation.
Essential job functions.
- Evaluate the availability of Partnership commitments
- Develop, manage, and sustain partnerships with sub-county, county, and non-profit agencies to provide support and opportunities for students and pupils that meet their identified needs.
- Establish systems to manage and maintain quality partnerships aligned with YR/ school goals and structures, including, but not limited to, the development of MOUs, facilitation of regular Partner Collaborative meetings, planning sessions, joint work plans, and collaborative problem-solving/conflict resolution.
- Act as a point person for schools interested in partnering with Youth Rising and help broker new partnerships that are aligned with organizational goals and needs.
- Facilitate data and information sharing between the organization and school, in accordance with the organisation’s communication and information management policies.
- Assist with program evaluations, including data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist Youth Rising and partner schools with resource management and development, including fund development and grant maintenance.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Prepare status reports and communication packages for Partnership members
- Work with the school administration to integrate academic and non-academic support with school priorities.
- Provide training and coaching to staff members at the school sites and at the lower local government level.
- Work with the school community (administrators, teachers, partner agencies, parents, and students) to identify barriers to learning, available resources, and gaps, and to develop programming that is community responsive.
- Provide support and guidance for school staff and partners in resolving issues related to service delivery, access, and coordination.
- Coordinates services to provide a variety of school and community involvement opportunities, including meetings, training, and volunteer opportunities.
- Creates, develops, implements and submits communication tools for the school and the organization, including newsletters, flyers, social media sites, press releases, and websites/pages. This includes providing information about the Youth Rising, schools, activities and volunteer opportunities.
Required skills and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required and two years of relevant experience in school-based activities and the ability to meet the essential functions stated above.
- Experience working in a school setting is required; experience in an urban setting is preferred.
- Experience coordinating and/or managing in an educational, non-profit, and/or human services setting.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills with a diversely skilled workforce.
- A high degree of cultural awareness and competency in cross-cultural practice with children and families.
- Experience in collaboration, meeting facilitation, problem-solving and team-building.
- Ability to multitask, be a team player and a self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends).
- Good time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in a team
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information
- Able to work independently and execute tasks in a reliable and competent manner
- Strong ability to communicate with beneficiaries, stakeholders and colleagues at different levels
- Must be able to execute tasks in a responsible, reliable and sincere manner
This is a full-time position with a staff required to report on duty from Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Stipend & Benefits
This opportunity will start at a stipend level range of 300,000UGX- 450,000UGX/month with an opportunity to turn into a salaried with benefits position after fulfillment of a one year contract and the candidate’s demonstration of growth in the position.
Click on the Apply Now button to send your application cover letter and your resume. Kindly do not attach any other documents.
30th March 2020
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying